Although I didn’t really know who Gary Vaynerchuck was prior to reading his book Crush It!: Why NOW Is the Time to Cash In on Your Passion I can easily see how much passion he does pour into whatever he dives into. Yet, as much as I want to agree with the many people who have been giving this big glorious praise, including Tony Hsieh (CEO of Zappos.com) & Kevin Rose (Founder of Digg.com) to name a couple, I don’t agree so easily.
If you’re not engulfed within the tech world and you already don’t have every single social-media app and site under your thumb, then of course this book will provide a wealth of information for you; however if your already a pretty savvy technological entrepreneur and you have an OCD-ish issue with social-media platforms, than this is the opposite for you (like myself).
I give it 3/5 stars ★★★
Yet even still, I thought it was decent read with some good quotes worth taking down & pointing credit back to Gary.
- 3 simple rules to (his) success – pg 2
1. Love your family.
2. Work superhard.
3. Live your passion.
- Building a legacy – pg 128
- Resolve of the ‘white zinfandel’ story – pg 130
- “Did you jump up every morning eager to go to that job you lost? If not, why are you looking for another one just like it”- pg 8
- “No matter how successful you get […] stop hustling, and everything you learn here will be useless.” – pg 13
- “To everyone who is freaking out because they fear the noise and distraction of all the additional content on the Internet, you can relax. Quality is a tremendous filter. Cream always rises, my friends, no matter how many cups of coffee you pour” – pg 32
- His resolve about ‘educating’ himself with the taste of sweaty socks & dirt – pg 92